While on the home user Applications, enabling more efficient communication between users (chat), an interactive entertainment more multimedia (games, videos, etc).
- Read address to a logical ip address source/destination routing to determine & from a LAN to LAN others.
- Save the routing table to determine the best route between the LAN to the WAN.
- Devices in layer 3 OSI Layer.
- Can be a “box” or an OS that run a routing daemon.
- Interfaces Ethernet, Serial, ISDN BRI.
Understanding Operating System
The operating system provides a System Call (in the form of functions or API = Application Programming Interface). System Call provides a high level abstraction for programming machine. System Call functions obviating the complexity of programming by giving it a set of instructions that is more easy and convenient, the operating system as well as a base for other programs where the application programs run above the operating system, programs that utilize the resources of the computer system by means of requesting the services of the operating system controls the resources for the application so that the use of the resources of the computer system can be carried out correctly and efficiently.
Operating systems that are known to include:
Windows (95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, VISTA, SERVER, Windows 7)
Linux (Red Hat, Slackware, Ubuntu, Fedora, Open SUSE, Debian, Mikrotik)
Bsd (Berkeley Software Distribution)
Macintosh (MAC OS, MAC OSX)
Classification Of Computer Networks:
LAN (Local Area Network) is a network of computers connected to a server computer by using a particular topology is typically used in the area of a building or area that the distance is no more than 1 km.
Man (Metropolitan Area Network) is a computer network that inter-connected in one area of the city which are can be more than 1 km. the option to build a computer network between offices in a city, the campus in one city.
Wan (Wide Area Network) is a network of computers that connect many LANS into one integrated network, between one network with other networks can be located thousands of kilometers or integral layout of geography by using certain communication methods.
- Determine the type of network technology (Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Token Ring, FDDI)
- Select the model of the cabling (Fiber, UTP, Coaxial)
- Determine the shape of the network topology (the Bus, Ring, and Star)
- Determine technology Client/Server or Peer to Peer
- Select a Server operating system (Windows NT, 2000, XP, or Linux)
A Proxy Server is a facility to connect yourself to the internet simultaneously. The request user to Internet services (http, FTP, Telnet) and submit it in accordance with the policy. Acting as a gateway towards service. Represents a data packet from the inside and from the outside. Handles all internet communications – internal. Act as a gateway between internal and external machines. The proxy server evaluates and controls the request from the client, if appropriate policy is passed if not in the deny/drop. Using the method of NAT. Check the contents of packages.