Winbox Mikrotik can search / find Mikrotik devices connected to the network PC / Laptop us. With this feature we can know Winbox Mac Address, IP Address, Identity Mikrotik, RouterOS version, and its Routerboard types as shown below:
This feature would be easier for us to identify Mikrotik
connected to our network. But with this feature will also reduce network security especially Mikrotik itself, because it can be found by anyone using Winbox. Even worse if the person to be logged into his Mikrotik and ruffled configuration in it. Do not let dehh ..
Now, therefore it would be better and safer if the search feature in Winbox Mikrotik is blocked only. So when anyone opens winbox and do a search, we Mikrotik will not appear on the Winbox search.
Okay, just go to How to Block Searches (Discovery) Winbox Mikrotik :
2. Login Mikrotik via Winbox
3. Go to the Tools menu -> MAC Server -> MAC Ping Server -> Uncheck MAC Ping Server Enabled
4. Go to the tab Winbox Interface -> Click on the “all” -> Click the cross to disable
5. Go to the menu IP -> Neighbors. Here interfaces connected to other devices will appear.
6. Sign Interfaces Discovery tab -> Select the interface which will be blocking search Winbox -> Save a cross.
7. Now try opening Winbox again and try to do a search. Proxy will not be found by Winbox as shown below:
This tutorial in addition to blocking search winbox will also block login via MAC Address Mikrotik. So it can only log in using Winbox IP Address only. If you still want to be able to login via MAC Address, steps 3 and 4 above can be bypassed.