How to Connect Mikrotik to the Internet
Perhaps this question ever arises when you are new to Mikrotik.There are several ways that can be taken to connect to the Internet Mikrotik. These ways depends on the modem or the devices used to connect to the Internet.
In general, how to connect to the Internet Mikrotik is as follows:
1. First make sure the source of an internet connection. Is it from the ADSL modem (for example Speedy) or from a USB modem.
2. If you are using a USB modem to connect to the Internet.
3. If the source of an internet connection to use Speedy using PPPoE, then setting Mikrotik Please Read Here .
4. If the source of a direct Internet connection without first modem settings, such as connection of Speedy modem or 3G Router, which does not need additional settings on the Mikrotik then go to step 5.
5. Login to Mikrotik via Winbox -> Go to the menu IP -> DHCP Client -> Add DHCP Client by clicking the menu +
– Interface: Select an interface that is connected to the source of the Internet
– Use Peer DNS: Check
– Use Peer NTP: Tick
– Add Default Route: yes
6. Setting the IP address. Go to the menu IP -> Addresses -> Add IP address for the interface that leads to the client. Here I demonstrated to give an IP address on the LAN interface that leads to the client by IP address 10.10.10.10/24.
Interface NAT already automatically obtain an IP address for a DHCP client from internet sources.
7. Add DNS Server settings. Go to the menu IP -> DNS. Because in Step 5 we already uses the DHCP Client where the column “Use Peer DNS” is checked, then Mikrotik also has to be DNS Server automatically from internet sources.
But for backup can add another Google use its DNS: 22.214.171.124
8. Add the NAT settings Masquerade. Go to the menu IP -> Firewall -> Login Tab NAT -> Add NAT rule:
~ The General tab
– Chain: srcnat
– Out-interface: select the interface that leads to an internet source
~ Tab Action
– Action: Masquerade
9. Up here, Mikrotik supposed to connect to internet. Check the connection by pinging via terminal.
Thus tutorial on connecting to the Internet Mikrotik .