Mikrotik RouterOS Tutorial How to Install Mikrotik RouterOS on PC – If you buy RouterBoard Mikrotik usually already can be used immediately without the need to install RouterOS, just enter the license only. But if you do not want to use RouterBoard or just want to use PC as Mikrotik, of course, you have to do the mikrotik installation to PC first. Well, there are several ways to install Mikrotik to PC. Mikrotik can be installed on PC using several ways, namely.
- ISO Image; Using Compact Disc (CD) installation. Please download the file extension. ISO is available and you must “burn it” into a blank CD media.
- NetInstall; Via a computer network (LAN) with One Diskette, or using Ethernet that supports the process of booting a computer through an Ethernet Card. NetInstall can be done on Windows 95/98 / NT4 / 2000 / XP operating system.
- Mikrotik Disk Maker; Requires some 3.5 “size diskettes that will be copied on the hard disk during installation. By using FloppyMaker.exe tools.
Of the three ways, the first way to use the most popular and widely used ISO image CD. So this time we will discuss the first way first. How to install Mikrotik using ISO image is quite easy to do. You just need to download the Mikrotik RouterOS ISO file, burn to CD, boot to that CD and install its Mikrotik. Okay Now we will start discussing how to install Mikrotik RouterOS on PC, please refer to the following ways:
- Download the Mikrotik ISO file. At Mikrotik.com/download for its Trial version.
- Or if you want a full version, can download here (including level 6 license. Please use (ONLY FOR LEARNING OBJECTIVES ONLY, IF COMMERCIALLY PLEASE BELIEVE LICENSES! )
- Burn his ISO file to CD.
- Insert cd Mikrotik into cd / DVD room.
- Setting your computer bios, in the initial boot (first boot) is your cd / DVD room.
- Once in the settings then your computer will first boot kale to cd / DVD your room. If successful then the display will appear as below.
- Perform Mikrotik installation process by selecting (check) all options with ‘ a ‘ button. If already checked all press ‘ i’ button to install Mikrotik.
- Wait a minute until the installation process is complete. Patience, just a little. If you’ve finished press the Enter key to reboot
- After your computer restarts then you will be asked to check the disk or not. Click the “Y” button to approve, or click the “N” button to disagree.
- After that will appear login view. “Admin” (without quotation marks) on Mikrotik Login. And the password enter blank. Because the default password is no password
- If successful it will display the initial view image Mikrotik (see picture below). Indicates you have successfully installed Mikrotik.
Now Mikrotik RouterOS already installed on your PC. However, Mikrotik it can only be used for 24 hours just because it is still in the trial period. To be able to make it full version using license level 6, license registration needs to be done first. The 6 level license file is already in the previous ISO package. Please find the file.
How to Register Mikrotik License:
- Connect your PC Mikrotik with other PC or your Laptop using UTP cable.
- Open Winbox (If you do not have Winbox please download Winbox here )
- Login to Mikrotik using Winbox.
- On the main page, Winbox “RouterOS Welcome” with the news your router has no key and the router will be stopped within 23 hours 50 minutes.
- On Winbox Main page click “System” and click “License“
- Then click “Import Key” and select the file license level 6 in the ISO folder earlier
- Router now? Click “OK” then the router will restart and disconnect.
- Log in again to Mikrotik via Winbox, open the System menu -> License -> Then the display will appear that Mikrotik successfully registered with license level 6.
Now your Mikrotik license is already level 6. You can try setup your PC Mikrotik this with Mikrotik Tutorial in this Website. Good luck 🙂