Setting basic Hotspot Mikrotik Mikrotik Router is a router that has full features. One feature that is quite popular and widely used of Mikrotik Router itself is Hotspot. Do you know the difference regular sharing internet with Hotspot? Perhaps you often find wifi internet signal in the password using WPA or WEP. You will be able to surf if you enter the password correctly. So anyone can access the wifi if know his password because the password is only one. Unlike the methods Hotspot, which is where most of wifi hotspots in the password and any user can connect then be directed to a login page in the Web Browser. Each user can log in with the username and password are different. Such a method is often found in wifi Cafe, school, college, or other public areas.
By using Mikrotik as a Hotspot, you can configure a wireless network that can only be used with a specific username and password. You also can perform management against these users. For example, set the total duration of use per user hotspot, limit how much data can be downloaded for each user, set any content that is accessible to the user, etc.
Okay, already know what are the advantages and features mikrotik hotspot. Now Mikrotik Further Study abroad directly into her practice. We start with a basic configuration hotspot his first yes.
1. Specify the interface to be created hotspot. Since we will make the hotspot via wifi then select the WLAN interface. Here I assume using wlan1. Turn wlan1 and using AP Bridge mode, input the SSID (Wireless Name) name of your hotspot.
2. Give wlan1 interface IP address, for example 192.168.100.1/24
[admin@MikroTik] > ip address add address= 192.168.100.1/24 interface=wlan1
Or it could be through winbox, enter the IP menu -> Address
3. Now we start making Hotspot for wlan1. Its easier for us to use Hotspot Setup wizard. Go to the menu IP -> Hotspot -> Hotspot Setup
4. Select the Hotspot Interface: wlan1 -> click Next
5. Then input the IP address of wlan1 and tick Masquerade Network. click Next
6. Define the IP address range that will be given to the user (DHCP Server), Eg: 192.168.100.10-192.168.100.254. So the user will be given an IP automatically by the DHCP server between the IP range.
7. Choose the SSL certificate. Select none alone, click Next.
8. IP Address for SMTP Server blank. Click Next.
9. Enter the address of the DNS Server. Fill only with its Google DNS servers: 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168. Click Next.
Note: You can also use your own DNS
10. Enter a name for the local DNS server hotspot. If filled will replace the IP address of wlan1 as url login page. If not filled, the url will login page uses the IP address of wlan1. Clear it, click next.
11. Hotspot has been successfully established. Please you try to connect your laptop to your wifi hotspot.
12. Open a web browser and access any such Mikrotiknetworking.Com then you will be redirected to the hotspot login page Mikrotik.
13. Please try to login with the username: admin and password: empty.
14. If successful login means Hotspot is fine.
15. To edit and add user please enter the IP menu -> Hotspot -> click the Users tab
Okay enough so first tutorial on How to Make Mikrotik Hotspot: Hotspot Mikrotik basic settings. For a discussion of other features such as an explanation mikrotik hotspot Hotspot tab menu and user manager using RADIUS Server will be discussed in the next article. Congratulations Learning Mikrotik, Good luck 🙂