What it Mikrotik? Understanding Mikrotik and explanation – Mikrotik is a company engaged in the production of hardware (hardware) and software (Software) associated with computer network systems headquartered in Latvia, adjacent to Russia. Mikrotik was founded in 1995 to develop the router and the system ISP (Internet Service Provider) network.
Mikrotik made by MikroTik ls a company in the city of Riga, Latvia. Latvia is a country that is a “fraction” of the Soviet Union once or Russia today. Mikrotik originally intended for enterprise Internet service (ISP) or Internet Service Provider (ISP) serving customers using wireless technology or wireless . Currently MikroTikls provides services to many wireless ISP for Internet access services in many countries in the world and is also very popular in Indonesia. MikroTik now provides hardware and software for Internet connectivity in most countries around the world. Hardware products featured Mikrotik such as Routers, Switches, Antennas, and other supporting devices. While Software products featured Mikrotik is MikroTik RouterOS.
Mikrotik on standards-based hardware Personal Computer (PC) known for their stability, quality control and flexibility for different types of packets of data and process handling routes or better known as routing . Mikrotik created as a router-based PC much benefit for an ISP that wants to run multiple applications ranging from the lightest to advanced. Examples of applications that can be applied to their Mikrotik besides routing is application access capacity ( bandwidth ) management, firewall , wireless access point (WiFi) , backhaul link , the system hotspot , Virtual Private Netword (VPN) server and many more.
System Level License Mikrotik
- Level 0 (free); does not need a license to use and the use of features only restricted for 24 hours after installation is done.
- Level 1 (demo); at this level you can use as a routing function standard course with one organization and not have the limitation of time to use it.
- Level 3; already includes level 1 plus the ability for management of all hardware-based Network Card or Ethernet and management of wireless device client types.
- Level 4; already includes level 1 and 3 plus the ability to manage the wireless device types of access points.
- Level 5; includes level 1, 3 and 4 plus the ability to manage the number of hotspot users more.
- Level 6; includes all levels and has no limitations whatsoever.